Sunday, August 26, 2007

Experience Second Life

Second Life, great creation whomever decided to create a virtual world where you can meet people from all over the world looking fabulous or not if you choose. Great Idea. There are possibly downsides to this type of meeting place. You do meet the odd unusual personality, but most are down to earth easy going people who just doing their thing in the virtual world. I hang out alot in one of the Ball Rooms. I have met an Architect from New York, a German Filmmaker, an Actress from LA, a Cowboy from Texas. Whether these people are genuine in what they do, who knows, but I have met some very interesting personalities. I even met someone that lives about 10 km from my house. Bizarre, we both laughed at the fact that we have never met in RL but can meet in a virtual world.

I have yet to figure out whether this is a effective way of communicating. Do you really know who you are talking too. As I said I have met a few eccentric unusual personalities. But I suppose this is real life too and our differences make the world go round.

I have yet to find my Collaborative Tech Team, some of them are connected but are rarely online when I am and we have yet to all hang and talk for a bit. I sure by the end of the Semester this will happen. I have, however been trying to find my Facilitator/Lecturer who assures me he is asleep on one of the many Islands by a Waterfall, but I have yet to find him, when I go to the Island I am always the only one there and although it is a very peaceful place it gets lonely with no one to talk too. Oops thats right it is a virtual place, loneliness doesn't exist. LOL.

Keep you posted ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home