Sunday, July 29, 2007

Early Days Learning

Communicate, communicate, communicate this is my first impression of Collaborative Technologies. Give yourself don't hold back. I figured this might be easy. But sometimes communicating this way (online via email, fax, phone, messenger) can be impersonal. Things get misconstrued into different meanings, sensitive personalities take things the wrong way and insensitive personalities can be taken out of context.



I hope this shows me what I can get out of it. The first module was laying a bit ground work to understanding what Collaborating and Communicating mean, their differences. Communicate means simply express, share, interact, when we aren't face to face we can't gauge body language, tone, expression. If someone uses big words and elaborate sentences are they more intelligent than someone who uses everyday good "ole kiwi lingo". The words play a small part to the way they are presented.



Collaboration on the other hand means working together - effective collaboration has to include effective communication.



Also included in Module 1 was the Technologies used to do this communication and collaboration thing. The technology out there is vast and varies from using MSN Messenger to Groupware or Shareware programmes that allow companies to collaborate together through different technologies.



This gave me an idea of what this Paper is all about. I had attention difficulties I noticed when I was working through the Readings. I thought back to previous papers and realised that without diagrams and different pics and charts, my attention span drifts. I always thought that I was not disciplined enough but I think I have just learnt that I learn better visually.



Well, that's all for this Blog Post folks, next time Introducing secondlife.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home