Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Module 3 Limitations of E Communication

This week I started on Module 3 "the limitations of electronic communication". It got me thinking about the limitations I have encounted using email and other forms of Electronic Communication. How much easier it is to break news to someone over the phone or via email.

I have encountered difficulties in emailing - trying to get my point across without being too aggressive or too passive or other personality traits that may come across with emailing.

I experienced this with a few of my Clients that I do work for. It is hard to express what you require with out being too demanding or rude. How can this be overcome? I had to ask myself this question. Also how can I get to know the people on my team for my Collaborative Tech paper. Do I show emotion and be more of an extrovert, how open should I be? Will this scare them off. They are unable to read body language for all they know I could be a raving lunatic. These are all limitations within the bounds of Electronic Communication. I decided the friendly approach is needed that is me by nature anyway. I am quite a bubbly and open person anyway so why not take that approach!

Talking to others in the group - I have become more comfortable. It has probably helped me to learn Email Etiquette. How to talk in an email, get a point across. I think I have a long way to go with this and this is something I want to master especially in pursuing a career in Web Design.

The next question my Lecturer asked of me was "do I publish my Blog"?? This is something I will think over, I want to but for what reasons. More communication, feedback from the world who knows.

Next time - finally we have a team!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home