Monday, August 13, 2007

Our Team

This was an interesting week for the whole communication team of the Collaborative Tech Course. We all got online at different times communicating our lives to each other. What started with general conversation about our days and what we have been up, ended with finally deciding on a Team. YAY!!

Reading through the readings of the Module - I learnt where I fit into within our team environment and what roles I take on. Thinking about this I figured this is where I fit in terms of real life situations as well. My take on this was, I am a Harmoniser, complimenting and keeping things running smoothly and trying to harmonise amongst the team members. I am also an Encourager, encouraging with enthusiasm and vigor the team members I have communicated with. We had a incident of criticising the tutor and I felt that I had to defend both the tutor and the team member doing the criticising. I also feel I am a Opinion Giver offering my thoughts and then possibly letting the team comment and pass judgement on these thoughts.

Downsides of your place in a Team, are how you affect the team in a negative way, I came up with that possibly I am a recognition seeker, trying to win the team with my Mr Nice Guy approach and you know what I think I do this in real life situations as well.

We ended up teaming up in two's - I am with the Techno Software Guy in the course which suits me, I am probably the Techno Software Girl, so we can work together on that level. I like all my team members they all offer such different things to this course and I feel like I fit. We are all different and this is real life - working with people from all areas of the social scale.

Next week we are on to the Culture Discussion - this will surely raise a few eyebrows and provoke some great discussions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home